We’re heading off to Koh Samui this afternoon for an early anniversary weekend at the hotel we went to for our mini-moon back in January. We’re in the UK for our actual wedding anniversary in December which will be busy no doubt so as we were gifted a weekend back at the beautiful Anantara Lawana we thought it was the perfect excuse!
I threw together my (reasonably) coordinated, destination appropriate, capsule wardrobe last night in about 10 minutes (I think Dave nearly had a heart attack) which led me to thinking, I actually know what to pack now for a weekend away on the beach in Thailand!
Whilst I appreciate this post is probably highly irrelevant to most of you in other countries, I thought I would share my list anyway as, quite frankly, I’m renowned for being a terrible packer so am quite proud of what feels like a momentous occasion! Here is what my packing looks like:
And here is what’s included in a kind of anti-clockwise-ish order:
- Two casual day dresses – Chatuchak Market – suitable for going to breakfast, getting to the pool or beach plus lunch and a cocktail
- Jewellery – Next – to dress anything up
- One pair of denim shorts – H&M – I don’t go anywhere without this pair
- Smart black vest – H&M
- Sarong – H&M – useful as a beach cover up or in the evenings to protect from mosquitos or enthusiastic A/C
- Jumpsuit – River Island – one evening
- Long dress – H&M – the other evening
- Underwear – M&S – including black strapless bra
- Sleepwear – Next – because our room last time had an outdoor bathroom… and always cotton because I’m in Thailand
- Bikinis – Tesco & Primark – two that can be interchanged
- Black bag – Zalora – for day (realistically as i’m planning to lay by the pool/beach for the entire 2 days I probably won’t need this but every eventuality…)
- Smaller bag – Clements Ribeiro – for evening
- Sunglasses – Ray Ban – 2 pairs
Other things not in the shot but coming are:
- Flip flops – Havianas – black, total necessity
- Black sandals – H&M -(go with everything)
- Water shoes – Somewhere on the Isle of Wight – because we’ve been to Koh Samui before and these just make life better!
- Beach bag – For all the essentials
- Snorkel – to go snorkelling….
That’s it…I can’t quite believe it! I genuinely think I’ve covered off all eventualities that may arise whilst enjoying the luxury that is the Anantara Lawana.
Obviously my toiletries and makeup aren’t included here, that’s probably a whole other post although I am getting better at packing light there too! The main things I like to take are sun tan lotion (obvs…), coconut oil (I use as a moisturiser and after sun) and stacks of insect repellent, if like me you are irresistible to the little blighters!
Whatever you are up to this weekend, have a great one!
To read my original review of the Anantara Lawana Resort, click here.