We’re heading off to Koh Samui this afternoon for an early anniversary weekend at the hotel we went to for our mini moon back in January. We’re in the UK for our actual wedding anniversary in December which will be busy no doubt so as we were gifted a weekend back at the beautiful Anantara Lawana we thought it was the perfect excuse!
I threw together my (reasonably) coordinated, destination appropriate, capsule wardrobe last night in about 10 minutes (I think Dave nearly had a heart attack) which led me to thinking, I actually know what to pack now for a weekend away on the beach in Thailand!
Whilst I appreciate this post is probably highly irrelevant to most of you in other countries, I thought I would share my list anyway as, quite frankly, I’m renowned for being a terrible packer so am quite proud of what feels like a momentous occasion! Here is what my packing looks like:
And here is what’s included in a kind of anti-clockwise-esque order:
- Two casual day dresses – Chatuchak Market – suitable for going to breakfast, getting to the pool or beach plus lunch and a cocktail
- Jewellery – Next – to dress anything up
- One pair of denim shorts – H&M – I don’t go anywhere without this pair
- Smart black vest – H&M
- Sarong – H&M – useful as a beach cover up or in the evenings to protect from mosquitos or enthusiastic A/C
- Jumpsuit – River Island – one evening
- Long dress – H&M – the other evening
- Underwear – M&S – including black strapless bra
- Sleepwear – Next – because our room last time had an outdoor bathroom… and always cotton because I’m in Thailand
- Bikinis – Tesco & Primark – two that can be interchanged
- Black bag – Zalora – for day (realistically as i’m planning to lay by the pool/beach for the entire 2 days I probably won’t need this but every eventuality…)
- Smaller bag – Clements Ribeiro – for evening
- Sunglasses – Ray Ban – 2 pairs
Other things not in the shot but coming are:
- Flip flops – Havianas – black, total necessity
- Black sandals – H&M -(go with everything)
- Water shoes – Somewhere on the Isle of Wight – because we’ve been to Koh Samui before and these just make life better!
- Beach bag – For all the essentials
- Snorkel – to go snorkelling….
That’s it…I can’t quite believe it! I genuinely think I’ve covered off all eventualities that may arise whilst enjoying the luxury that is the Anantara Lawana.
Obviously my toiletries and makeup aren’t included here, that’s probably a whole other post although I am getting better at packing light there too! The main things I like to take are sun tan lotion (obvs…), coconut oil (I use as a moisturiser and after sun) and stacks of insect repellent, if like me you are irresistible to the little blighters!
Whatever you are up to this weekend, have a great one!
To read my original review of the Anantara Lawana Resort, click here.