Travel Plans

The last two weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind of travel planning! We have a few long weekends coming up as well as some visitors so had lots of jaunts to sort out and get planned, plus I have been growing increasingly aware that I still haven’t visited Cambodia, Laos or Vietnam – shameful when we love so flippin’ close!

IMG_0828

For weekend length trips I always have a good flick through my New York Times 36 Hours in Asia & Oceania for inspiration. Personally I couldn’t use this book by itself but it is great in terms of ideas for a short time period in a place and has fabulous pictures making it an ideal starting point. Once our destination is decided I head straight to Skyscanner and Agoda to suss out flights and accommodation. I particularly love the ‘book now, pay later’ feature on Agoda as I’d rather have something booked then maybe find something better than miss out altogether!

IMG_6853

This week we are heading to Hanoi which is just under a two hour flight from Bangkok. It’s my first visit to Vietnam, the other half’s been to Ho Chi Minh a few times ‘for football’ recently and I can’t wait to experience it too. We’ve booked the Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy hotel in the Old Quarter which looks ‘trendy’ (sorry!). We’ve booked an ‘Insider’s’ Vespa tour and I can’t wait to eat my body weight in Banh Mi and Pho but other than that we need suggestions so please leave any recommendations of what to do and where to go in the comments box!

IMG_7243

October presents us with another long weekend (yay!), and the arrival of my parents, so we are taking the opportunity to visit Angkok Wat in Cambodia, somewhere that has been firmly at the top of my list of must see places for a long time. We’ve booked a package that takes care of everything so despite the early morning to see the sunrise over the temples, it should be pretty relaxing! We also have half-term in October so will be heading off in Thailand for some beach time. We’re going back to the beautiful Santhiya Hotel on Koh Yao Yai, which you can read all about here and have then utilised Air BnB for a luxurious looking villa for a few days too!

We’ve been trying to figure out our Christmas plans and finally have that booked too…see I told you it had been a busy few weeks! Totally inspired by/blaming the lovely Sarah of Fit Travels, we have taken the plunge and are heading to the Maldives for five nights of complete and utter once-in-a-lifetime luxury. I am ridiculously excited by this and can’t wait to share our experience there with you!maldives and vietnam lonely planet

Still left to arrange is New Year when my sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit and in the back of my mind I am already mentally planning our Songkran break too when we’re heading back to beautiful Indonesia. After discovering travel blogger and You Tube sensation Erwan Heussaff I am also trying to figure out how to cram in more long weekends in 2018 to all the incredible destinations he features on his blog and in his films! Check him out if you haven’t already.

So that’s my crazy schedule, what trips do you have planned and how do you plan them? Share your tips with me!

Jobs fill your pocket. Adventures fill your soul. – Anonymous
(this quote makes me feel better about the Maldives expenditure!!)

21 Comments Add yours

1. brencation says:

So excited for your adventures! Hope you’ll have a blast! I’ve never used Skyscanner before, is it reliable? 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. I love Skyscanner – its just a middle man so it searches all the sites for the best deals and it allows you to set really good parameters on time and airports etc! x

2. Ooooh exciting exciting!xx

3. lifeofangela says:

How exciting! It’s always fun researching and planning more trips!! 😄😄

1. So fun! Love a good planning session!! x

4. Mel & Suan says:

Maldives would be definitely a blast!

5. LUCIESEVIOUR says:

I would absolutely love to travel more in the future, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do! Lucky you! Followed your blog, love it xx

Liked by 1 person

1. Aaahh thank you! Yeah we are very lucky, it’s one of the major reasons we emigrated and we’re taking full advantage!! Where’s top of your list? X

1. LUCIESEVIOUR says:

Definitely want to go somewhere like Hawaii of Bali, looks beautiful!! X

Liked by 1 person

2. Hawaii is totally on my list too! Bali is one of my all time favourite places, I’m taking my parents there in April and can’t wait! I just hope they love it as much as I did!! X

Liked by 1 person

6. Have fun dear!! I’m going to Bodrum in Turkey this thursday!! Chill vacation!!

1. Ooo have an awesome time! Enjoy some R&R! x

Liked by 1 person

7. Your plans sound so exciting! Can’t wait to follow your adventures through here and see everywhere you visit 😍

Liked by 1 person

1. Ahhh thanks lovely! I need to pack tonight – the only bit of travel I really dislike…well apart from unpacking! x

8. Natalie Vinh says:

I can’t wait to hear about your trip to Vietnam! I’m half Vietnamese, but I’ve never been! Have a lovely time!

9. I’m so jealous! I’ve always wanted to visit Vietnam. I just wish my job was more flexible and allowed me to travel as often as I’d like. I look forward to seeing your future travel posts!

Valerie | avecvalerie.com

Liked by 1 person

1. Ahhh I know what you mean Valerie! I actually don’t get great holidays with my job but have really been determined to make every second count plus it helps that from Bangkok so many places are do-able in a weekend! My Hanoi post is going up later today, such an incredible place x